The Merrick Foundation
The Merrick Foundation was established in 1948 by Ward S. Merrick, Sr., as a memorial to his father F.W. Merrick and at the request of F.W.’s wife, Mrs. Elizabeth B. Merrick. The Declaration of Trust was recorded December 13, 1944 with the help of original trustees Ward S. Merrick, Sr., Robert Batis and Lester Dennis.
Major accomplishments to benefit Oklahoma include:
- Creating The Greater Ardmore Scholarship Foundation and Ardmore YWCA Mammogram Program
- Assisting in the creation of the Elizabeth Merrick Coe Chair in Breast Imaging and the Jean Gumerson Chair in Children Psychology both at the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center,
- Supporting health education in Oklahoma colleges and universities,
- Contributing to The Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History,
- Funding research through the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation,
- Establishing the Chair in Western American History at the University of Oklahoma, and
- Providing the Merrick Teaching Award endowments at Oklahoma State University, University of Oklahoma and Oklahoma Christian University.
The mission of The Merrick Foundation is to enhance the quality of life and the improvement of health for our fellow Oklahomans and their communities with a primary emphasis on south central Oklahoma. With this goal in mind, the Merrick Foundation trustees are committed to furthering the philanthropic vision of Ward S. Merrick, Sr., by awarding grants to charitable organizations that foster independence and achievement, and that stimulate educational, economic and cultural growth.
Preference will be given to the following:
Charitable organizations in Oklahoma.
The Merrick Foundation - Click here to apply
Letter of Intent Deadline: July 7, 2017
Grant Application Deadline: October 13, 2017
Grantmaking Meeting: November 2017
Fund grants: December 2017
Merrick Foundation Directors
Class I Directors
Elizabeth M. Coe
Ross M. "Rick" Coe
Charles R. Coe, Jr.
Ward I. Coe
Frank W. Merrick
Valda M. Buchanan
Ward S. Merrick, III
Class II Directors
Class III Directors